Reduce waste from activities
- Request or provide organic garbage cans for leftovers at your event.
- Request or provide recycling bins at your event for plastic, paper, cans, bottles and other products made by exhibitors.
- Donate leftover food.
Support sustainable food
- Plan menus with seasonal, fresh, local and organic produce.
- Request fair trade certified food and beverages.
- Choose vegetarian and vegan dishes to reduce greenhouse gases.
- Do not purchase or allow Styrofoam plates because Styrofoam is not recyclable.
- Use reusable serving sets instead of disposable items.
- Opt for eco-friendly glasses that can be reused or recycled or ask event attendees to bring their own glasses and bottles.
- If paper is needed, give attendees the option to decline it and recycle unneeded copies at the end of the event.
- Purchase carbon offsets to reduce the greenhouse impact of guests at your event.